Nearly 6,000 miles
On July 15th, 2017, we will be heading on our five week adventure! Our strategy is to pick destinations where we can spend three to four days, with the exception of Jackson Hole, which we LOVE, to avoid traveling everyday. We have no idea how this plan will work out!
We spent time over the Christmas break booking key destinations, but since then we have had little time to plan, due to the crazy juggle of life and work schedules. So although we have several key destination points in mind, we also know their cancellation policies, in case we change our course. We will be planning as we go!
We will be leveraging Road Trippers suggestions for things to do along the way, with the goal of surviving in the car for that long together!
Today’s Plan (July 15th – Aug. 19th)
Our key destination points will be:
- Winton Woods Campground, Located neat Cincinnati, with plans to see the Creation Museum, and Airstream Factory
- Ann Arbor, MI, over night stop
- Chicago, where we will be staying in an RV/bus lot in downtown Chicago, which will bring amazing adventures I am sure!
- Sioux Falls, SD, over night stop
- Custer State Park, Badlands/Mount Rushmore/Crazy Horse Memorial
- Cody, WY, visiting a dude ranch at the Double Diamond X Ranch
- Yellowstone National Park, staying in West Yellowstone
- Jackson Hole/Grand Tetons, one of our favorite places!
- Zion National Park, Hoping to fit it in!
- Grand Canyon, hoping to see the sun rise and fall in God’s amazing creation
- Colorado Springs, CO, Heard this would be fun and has outdoor activities
- Kansas, have no idea what we will do, or if we will stop!
- Harrisburg, IL, overnight stop!
- Nashville, TN, Staying in Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Campground as a surprise for our kids. They love these campgrounds!
- Asheville, NC, anything we do in Ashville is fun!
- Back home to the peak of good living, Apex, NC
Road Trippers Map
In case you are more visual, like me, and still learning where all of the states are at nearly 42 years old, here is a link to our adventure leveraging Road Trippers.
We would love suggestions in these areas, so please leave comments!